How To Connect Ledger to Newton
The Ledger Nano S is a relatively affordable hardware wallet that connects to your mobile phone or computer and stores your cryptocurrency. It’s a great way to store your crypto in an offline, secure environment (aka cold storage) — but what do you do with it once you’ve purchased one? This guide will walk you through how to connect your brand new Ledger Nano S device to Newton Wallet.
Open Newton wallet
Open the Newton app on your device (you can download it here).
Enter your passphrase if prompted, then select the account you want to use and tap “Load”.
If applicable, select the network you want to use— BTC, ETH, etc.
Select Ledger option
- Select the Ledger option in the drop-down menu.
- Press the button that says “Connect Ledger”.
- If you do not see this button, make sure your Ledger is unlocked and powered on. You should also make sure that it has been added to your desktop app as an authorized device (see figure 2).
- You will now be able to see all of your accounts on Newton, including those on your Ledger device (see figure 3).
- Connect your Ledger device to the computer.
- Open the Ledger Manager app on your computer and select the device you want to connect, then click “Connect” (see screenshot below).
- Open the Newton Wallet app on your mobile phone, go to [Settings] – [Wallets], and select [Ledger]. If this option is not available yet and you have set up Ethereum Classic in Newton before, it will be available automatically after connecting the Ledger wallet for the first time (see screenshot below). If there is no “Ethereum Classic” option listed under [Wallets], please follow these instructions: https://docs-newtonium-io/docs/how_to_connect_ethereum_classic#from_the_homepage
Open Ethereum app on ledger – How To Connect Ledger to Newton
- Open Ledger Wallet and select the Ethereum app from the main menu
- Click on “Select Network” and choose your preferred network on Newton (ETH, Testnet or Ropsten). Then, confirm this choice by pressing a button on your Ledger Nano S
- You can now use your Ledger Nano S to send transactions to any Ethereum address!
Select network to use in Newton and confirm on Ledger
These are the last steps to cover regarding how to connect Ledger to Newton.
- Select network to use in Newton and confirm on Ledger
- Confirm the network you want to use on Ledger
- Confirm the network you want to use in Newton
That’s it! Now you can use ledger for all your transactions.
You’re done! You now have a Ledger Nano S that is ready to use for all your cryptocurrency transactions.
All you need to do is connect it to Newton: there’s no need for apps or other software, which means you don’t have to worry about security issues or having enough space on the device. Once connected, you’ll be able to send and receive tokens from any Newton user—just tap the crypto symbol in your wallet screen and hit “+.” Then just type out the desired amount of tokens into an email address field (you can also use QR codes if someone doesn’t have Newton) and press send.
You can also use the ledger to manage your business as well; connect it up with an account on a cryptocurrency exchange like Coinbase or Binance through their API key instead of sending tokens around like this example above would show us doing here!
Conclusion – How To Connect Ledger To Newton
Hopefully our guide on how to connect Ledger to Newton was helpful and straightforward. That is all you need to do to connect your Ledger to your Newton wallet. This video tutorial can help clear any doubts you may have or if the text above was too confusing. Once you are connected, you can use your Ledger for sending and receiving Ethereum and other ERC20 tokens. If you run into any issues, don’t forget to reach out to us on our community forum where we’ll be happy to assist!