How To Delete Messages on Instagram
The feature is rolling out to all users globally. The process is quite simple and can be done with just a single tap. Read on to know how you can delete messages on Instagram.
How To Delete Messages on Instagram?
You can delete your own messages from your inbox and from the chat inbox.
To delete a message in your inbox, you simply have to tap on it and swipe to the left. You will then be presented with two options: “Delete” or “Archive”. If you select “Archive”, the message will be moved into another folder where it won’t clutter up your main inbox anymore but can still be viewed if needed. The other option is simply deleting it by tapping on “Delete” which will permanently remove it from all of your devices (including Instagram) forever!
You can also delete your own messages from someone else’s chat inbox by swiping left on them or tapping on them and selecting the “Delete” button near their name at the top of their profile picture in order for either one of these things happen!
How To Hide Messages on Instagram?
So you know how to delete messages on Instagram, but what if you really just don’t want people to see them? We’ll luckily you don’t have to delete them.
If you want to hide a message on Instagram, then follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the chat in which you want to hide your message.
Step 2: Tap on the message from the person whom you want to delete, then tap three dots at the top right corner of this screen.
Step 3: Select “Hide Message” from here and repeat for other messages that need hiding too!
What is Vanish Mode on Instagram?
Instagram has added a new feature called Vanish Mode that allows you to delete your entire chat. Vanish Mode is available on Android and iOS, but it’s not available for the web version of Instagram. Again this means even though you know how to delete messages on Instagram, you can achieve the same privacy without getting rid of the message forever.
In order to use this feature, you must have the latest version of Instagram installed on your phone. You’ll know that you have the latest update if there is a red dot next to the Icon in your app drawer:
How To Use Vanish Mode on Instagram?
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the profile icon in the top right corner, followed by “DMs” to access all of your messages.
- Tap the settings icon (three horizontal lines) in the bottom right corner of the DMs section, then choose “Vanish.”
- Select how long you want Vanish Mode to last from 1-30 days or until a specific date, then tap “Vanish” to begin blocking messages during that time period or until it ends.
You can now remove your entire chat while using vanishing mode.
- You can now remove your entire chat while using vanishing mode.
- You can also remove individual messages by tapping on the message and then tapping “Remove” at the top of your screen.
- If you don’t want to see a certain message anymore, but not delete it from the history of your conversation with someone else, you can use this feature to hide it from others in the future.
We hope you find this article helpful. If you have any doubts or questions, please ask us in the comments section below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.