Instagram Messages Not Showing
There’s almost nothing as frustrating as when things don’t work the way they’re supposed to. Your car won’t start, the computer won’t turn on, or your apps aren’t doing what you need on your phone.
Equally as bad? Instagram messages not showing up like they’re supposed to.
Sometimes you’ll go into your Instagram app and the messages screen won’t show up, or notifications won’t be triggering. You start to miss out on messages, friends think you’re ignoring them, all because things aren’t working as intended.
If you’re having Instagram messages not showing up on your phone, we’ll help you troubleshoot below.
How To Fix Your Instagram App Not Working?
The first issue could be a problem with the Instagram app as a whole. If the app itself isn’t working, it’s reasonable to assume this is the reason you’re not able to access your Instagram messages.
- Check your internet connection. Make sure that you have a strong, steady signal. If possible, connect to a Wi-Fi connection instead of using cellular data (if you’re on a smartphone) because it’s more reliable and faster than using traditional data plans.
- Check your Instagram app settings. Depending on what type of phone you have, there may be some settings within your Instagram app that need to be adjusted or reset in order for the messages feature to work correctly again.
Why Are My Instagram Notifications Not Working?
You can check your phone’s settings and make sure notifications from Instagram are turned on. If notifications are not active in the settings of your phone, they won’t pass through and notify you when a message has been received.
If you’re experiencing this issue, it may be that you aren’t connected to the internet. Make sure to check the WiFi or data connection in case there’s an issue with either one.
How To Fix Instagram Messages Not Showing Up?
- Ensure that the messages you’re looking for aren’t hidden, or that you aren’t on Vanish mode
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of Instagram.
- Check that your device has enough storage space for Instagram to work properly and make sure you’re connected to a strong internet connection.
- Close and reopen the app, then try sending another message. You may also want to restart your phone as well!
You can fix the problem by following our solutions
There could be any number of issues causing this. Here are a couple of proposed solutions:
- Turn off your phone for a few minutes and then turn it back on.
- Restart your phone.
- Update the Instagram app, if needed, to make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed on your device.
- Re-log into your account – this will solve any issues with login information or password recovery issues.
You may also want to clear your cache and history in order to fix other problems with Instagram messages not showing up correctly within the app itself:
Hopefully, now you’re no longer dealing with Instagram messages not showing up 🙂