What Is a Shadowban on Tiktok?
TikTok is a fun platform to share short videos with friends. But the shadowban on Tiktok is something that can cause you to get blocked from using it. If this happens, your message will not be seen by others, and you may not even see that it has been blocked or deleted. The good news is that there are things you can do in order to prevent such bans from happening at all!
If your account was banned, check out our guide on How To Get Your TikTok Account Unbanned.
This article will explain what causes shadowbans and how they happen – so read on for more information about these pesky problems…
What Is a Shadowban on Tiktok?
If you’re new to TikTok, you may have heard the term “shadowban” and wondered what is a shadowban on TikTok? A shadowban is a form of punishment that prevents your account from being seen by other users, even though you can still see them yourself if you visit the platform. This sounds counterintuitive, but it’s actually a very specific type of punishment that only affects how others see your account—not how you use it yourself.
A shadowban is different from an outright ban in two key ways: firstly, the user’s posts should still appear in search results; secondly, they can bypass their own shadowbans and allow themselves to be seen by following these steps:
- Open up TikTok on your phone or computer and log into your account (if necessary).
- Tap on the menu icon at the top left corner of your screen and select Settings > Privacy & Security > Restrictions & Privacy > Public Profile Visibility (or another option depending on where exactly you live).
- Toggle “Private Status” off so anyone visiting any page featuring this video will potentially see those videos at all times regardless of whether or not those people follow them back too often during events such as Halloween when everyone wants something good scare out there…
What Is a Shadowban on TikTok? It’s Used to Block Content
A Shadowban is a punishment for breaking the rules. If you’ve been shadowbanned, it means that your content will not appear in searches or on the feeds of other TikTok users. This prevents your content from getting discovered by new people and is a way for the platform to protect itself, its users, and its advertisers.
When someone breaks the rules on TikTok (like spamming or using bots) they are automatically penalized with a temporary shadowban until they can prove themselves worthy of being part of the community again.
What Causes a Shadowban on Tiktok?
There are a number of reasons you might get shadowbanned on TikTok. If you post too many videos, or if your content is inappropriate, TikTok might prevent all of your posts from showing up in feeds or searches. Here’s what else can cause a shadowban:
- Posting videos that are too long or too short
- Videos that are too loud or quiet
- Videos that are blurry or bright
Is There a Way to Fix the Shadowban on Tiktok?
Unfortunately, there is no way to fix a shadowban. However, you can take some steps to prevent this from happening in the future:
- Avoid using keywords that may be blacklisted by TikTok’s moderators. These include profanity and inappropriate tags, such as #nofilter or #nofilter.
- Don’t use bots or automation software on your account.
- Don’t post content that violates the community guidelines of TikTok.
- If you follow these guidelines and still find yourself with a shadowban on your account, it could be due to a faulty filter error that has nothing to do with you at all!
How Can You Prevent Being Shadowbanned on TikTok?
The vast majority of shadowbans are in relation to bot use or inappropriate language/bullying. This means, either stop using bots or behave in a way that aligns more closely with the TikTok community guidelines.
- Don’t use bots to promote your content
- Don’t use bots to boost your content
- Don’t use bots to like your content
- Don’t use inappropriate language
- Follow the guidelines of TikTok
I hope that we’ve helped you answer the question “What is a shadowban on TikTok?” what a shadowban is and how to avoid getting one. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below! We will respond as soon as possible 🙂
Other Recent Posts: